Recognising and Responding to Acutely Deteriorating Children with Complex Needs
Date: Thursday 5th December, 2019. 9.30am – 4.30pm
Venue: Christopher’s Children’s Hospice, Old Portsmouth Road, Artington, Guildford, GU3 1LP
This study day is for nurses and care assistants working in hospices caring for children and young people to help early recognition of acute deterioration of reversible pathology.
Cost: £60 plus VAT for external candidates
- Structured assessment (ABCDE) and recognition of the acutely unwell child/young person
- Insertion of oro-pharyngeal airway
- Use of self-inflating bag-valve-mask
- A team approach to patient safety through appropriate management, effective communication and timely escalation of care
- Simulation scenarios, reflection session and individual feedback on performance
Includes tea, coffee & biscuits. (Please note lunch is not provided).