We can offer one off individual courses or a bespoke Continuing Professional Development Package for Community Healthcare Workers who are looking after children and young people with life limiting conditions. All our courses are designed for Healthcare Workers who want to develop their knowledge and understanding of children’s hospice and palliative care.
One off Care Courses
We can run individual courses for any of the topics listed below:
- Care of a child having a seizure and administration of emergency medication
- Care of a child with a gastrostomy
- Administration of oxygen
- Safe use of suctioning
- Personal accountability
- Good practice with record keeping
- Foundations in Paediatric Palliative Care Study Day
- Access to any of our regular Journal Club Sessions, which discuss a new piece of research in a relevant field.
Bespoke Continuous Professional Development Packages
We can offer bespoke packages consisting of any of the above elements, and in addition offer:
- Access to a maximum of 3 shadow shifts at one of our hospices to enhance practice
- Clinical practice time with our Hospice at Home Team
Certificates are provided for all completed one of courses and CPD packages. Please note that assessment of competence remains the responsibility of the persons place of work.
Past Course Feedback
“The most valuable part would be the management of complex health needs tasks i.e. enteral feeding, suctioning. I feel such tasks needs to be seen as part of ensuring all staffs are competent and confident to take on such tasks.” Healthcare Worker Service Manager
“Most valuable was discussion about what’s best practice as a group, sharing ideas, listening to others views, dignity and respect for clients.” Children’s Disablity Centre Care Worker with disabilities
Please e-mail email@example.com to learn more.