Virtual challenge – Make Every Mile Count
Be a virtual star and take on our Make Every Mile Count virtual challenge to ensure we can continue to make every moment count for the families we support.
This is your opportunity to design your own challenge. You choose what you do, when you do it, where you do it and how much you raise. We will be on hand every step of the way with any support that you may need.
- 23.2 miles – It’s 23.2 miles from Shooting Star House in Hampton to Christopher’s in Guildford so why not walk from hospice to hospice over the space of a week?
- 10,000 steps – Challenge yourself to walk 10,000 steps a day for a month. It sounds easy but it’s harder than you think. Get out and about in the fresh air and walk around your local park at lunch, and make sure you use the stairs instead of the lift – just get that step counter charged up and start walking!
- 50 – 500 miles – The choice really is yours! You could walk the equivalent of a half marathon, a full marathon or the length and breadth of Britain.
- Challenge yourself to take on any distance you choose. Whether you decide to run 5k a day for a week or a full marathon over a weekend, it’s up to you!
- 55 miles – Take on the equivalent of cycling from London to Brighton. You can choose your own route and time scale and avoid the dreaded Devil’s Dyke!
- 100 miles – Complete your own RideLondon route, your way. Whether you do 10 miles a day or the full 100, the choice is yours.
- 308 miles – No need to hop on a ferry for this one. Our intrepid London to Paris cyclists will complete their 308 miles over 4 days. How long will yours take?
- 874 miles – The legendary distance of Land’s End to John O’Groats…but in your own time!
Climb (make a mountain out of a staircase!)
- Mount Snowdon – 7,120 steps / 42 flights
- Mont Blanc – 30,420 steps / 2,028 flights
- Mount Everest – 58,070 steps / 3,871 flights
There is no minimum sponsorship, we are just asking you to raise what you can. Maybe put the money you would normally spend on your morning coffee, your lunch, your travel or your post work drink aside and put this towards your sponsorship. Get started on JustGiving today!
As our offices are currently closed, we can’t send you a Shooting Star Children’s Hospices vest or T-shirt, but we still want to see all our star supporters. So show us what you’ve been up to by sharing you star – you could draw a star, make the shape of a star when you finish, or even run or cycle a star shaped route on your daily exercise. Be sure to share it with us and tag us on social media!
Please ensure you follow the governments social distancing guidelines when taking on our virtual challenge.