Events volunteers help at a wide range of fundraising events eg Cheering at London Marathon; marshalling at our bespoke events; serving tea and cakes at our Open Gardens; bucket collecting on Waterloo Station or at a Garden Centre. It’s a role suitable for those that want to get involved but are unable to make a regular commitment.
Location: Surrey and London
Time: Ad hoc according to the event. Usually weekends or occasional evenings for approximately 3 or 4 hours.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Varies according to the particular event you are volunteering at, but may include:
- Cheering on our cyclists or runners at various events
- Serving refreshments
- Bucket collecting
- Marshalling at Sunrise Walk or other SSC events
- Picking up a gazebo from our head office and setting up and taking down on the day of the event.
- Selling merchandise on a stall at a fair
- Running a tombola
Essential Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following attributes:
- Happy to interact with the public and a wide variety of people