How to Fundraise for your event
We understand that combining training for an event with fundraising can seem like a big ask. However, we know that your friends, family and colleagues will appreciate the hard work that you are putting in as you train, whether you are running, cycling or swimming, that they will want to get behind you and show their support. Even if you have your own event place and don’t need to a set fundraising target, we are here to help you make the most of this opportunity to raise money to support our vital work.
One of the best ways to reach your goal is to let people know more about where the money goes, as many people are unaware of the huge range of services we offer, free of charge, to supported children and their families.
Here are some examples of how your fundraising can help:
- £35 could pay for a family to swim in our hydrotherapy pool – for many life-limited children, our pool is the first time they have ever been able to go swimming.
- £50 could pay for a music therapy session, allowing a child to express themselves and for a recording to be created as a keepsake for parents.
- £250 could pay for a visit by a Hospice at Home nurse during an emergency, providing vital support to a child and giving parents a few precious hours to themselves.
- £1,500 could pay for a night’s emergency stay at one of our hospices.
- £5,000 could pay for a bereavement weekend for siblings.
Once you’ve joined #TeamShooting Star for an event, we will encourage you with fundraising tips along the way. You can also view our Fundraising Guide, as well as key tips on getting more donations on your JustGiving Page. For any offline donations that you receive you can download a copy of our sponsorship form. Remember, we are always happy to help and to chat about any fundraising ideas you may have.