At Shooting Star Children’s Hospices, we truly appreciate the dedication that comes with training for a marathon. Whether you are a novice or an experienced marathon runner, the distance of 26.2 miles is no mean feat. It is important that you arrive at the starting line in Greenwich Park feeling healthy, well prepared and ready to go!
It is our privilege to support you every step of the way. To help with your training we offer:
- A snazzy Shooting Star Children’s Hospices technical running vest.
- Regular team runs lead by a qualified athletics coach and ex-GB runner.
- A discount will be offered to our team on full-price items at local branches of the Sweatshop.
- A visit to one of our hospices, either Shooting Star House in Hampton or Christopher’s in Guildford. These visits give an incredible insight into our care services.
- ‘Training your mind for the marathon’ session to help you to mentally prepare for running 26.2 miles and feeling well before, during and after your marathon.
We want you to enjoy the experience of running the London Marathon for Shooting Star Children’s Hospices, from the very start to the time you cross the finish line. We are on hand should you have any queries about your training, so please do keep in touch. You can also download the Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Training Plans produced by the Virgin London Marathon.
You guys are the best. You made the whole thing so easy – the training, the emails, the encouragement, the transport… I think I had the easier job. Thank you! I’m honoured to be a part just a small part of TeamShootingStar.’