Job title: Housekeeper
Location: Christopher’s, Guildford
Salary: £6.68 – £8.53 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week, however would consider from 15 hours per week depending on applicant availability
Closing date: Ongoing
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Housekeeper to be responsible for the day to day cleanliness of the newly refurbished hospice working under the guidance of the Head of Facilities.
The weekly hours for this role would ideally be 20 hours per week, however this is open to discussion with the successful applicant, with the minimum working week being no less than 15 hours. The normal working hours would be between 11am and 3pm and the successful applicant will be expected to work alternate Saturdays.
The post holder will work as a member of the housekeeping team liaising closely with staff and volunteers in ensuring the ambience, hygiene, tidiness and presentation of the whole hospice is of a high quality and complies with all current legislation. Previous experience of working in a Healthcare environment would be an advantage.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness within the hospice to include family accommodation, children’s rooms, communal areas and offices.
- To be responsible for the deep clean of the Sensory Room and the soft play area.
- Managing the procurement and stocking of janitorial products.
- To participate in the day to day running of the laundry facilities and linen room area.
- To take over the volunteer responsibilities in their absence.
- To behave in a professional manner towards all service users.
If you feel you are up to the challenge and are keen to join a close knit team who work well together, we want to hear from you. Please note that appointment will be subject to DBS clearance.
For further information about the role please contact Glyn Holdstock on 0208 783 2000.
To apply online click on the apply button below or alternatively, for an application pack, please email the HR Team at email@example.com
Download the full job description.