Job title: Housekeeper
Location: Christopher’s, Artington near Guildford
Salary: circa £9,100 per annum
Hours: 20 hours per week including weekend cover
Closing date: Wednesday, 3 February 2021
About the role of housekeeper
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced housekeeper to join our friendly housekeeping team at Christopher’s Children’s Hospice.
You will work as a member of the housekeeping team liaising closely with staff and volunteers in ensuring the ambiance, hygiene, tidiness and presentation of the whole hospice is of a high quality and complies with all current legislation. Previous experience of working in a Healthcare environment would therefore be an advantage.
Key duties include:
- Responsible for the cleanliness within the hospice to include family accommodation, children’s rooms, communal areas and offices.
- Responsible for the deep clean of the Sensory Room.
- Managing the procurement and stocking of janitorial products.
- Participating in the day to day running of the laundry facilities and linen room area.
- Take over the volunteer responsibilities in their absence.
- Behaving in a professional manner towards all service users.
We are looking for someone to work 20 hours per week, worked 5 hours per day over 4 days per week. There is flexibility around the start and finish times. You will be expected to work 1 in 3 weekends, both on a Saturday and Sunday and this is scheduled in advance on a 3-4 week flexible rolling roster.
If you feel you are up to the challenge and are keen to join a close knit team who work well together, we want to hear from you!
For further information about the role or would like to discuss the working hours in more detail please contact Matt Blasigh, Facilities Manager on 01483 230960.
If you feel you are up to the challenge and are keen to join a close knit team who work well together, we want to hear from you. Please note that appointment will be subject to DBS clearance.
To apply online click on the apply button below.
Download the full job description