Subscribe to our monthly eNews to learn more about our care, upcoming events and the work of our amazing supporters
Kitchen Assistant Volunteer
This volunteer role is to assist the kitchen staff with the preparation of meals for the staff, children and families. It is a non-clinical role that requires enthusiasm, dedication, flexibility, lots of energy and for the volunteer to be friendly and approachable whilst maintaining boundaries and confidentiality.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays 10.30am to 2pm
- Laying the tables for meals.
- Cleaning away after food preparation, washing up after the main meals.
- Some basic meal preparation.
- Removal of refuse and waste.
- Tidying up and cleaning the kitchenette area; including replenishing coffee, tea, squash etc.
- Carrying out such additional tasks as assigned by the cooks.
Essential Skills & Experience
- All kitchen volunteers would be asked to undertake online food hygiene training.
- Basic knowledge of kitchens and food preparation.
- Understanding of the importance of food hygiene in food preparation.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Standard DBS check – all Volunteer roles at our hospices require us to carry out a DBS check at the appropriate level – this is a simple online procedure