The maintenance volunteer role will assist the maintenance team with general duties, DIY, decorating and general upkeep of our hospices, head office and shops.
Location: Christopher’s, Guildford or Shooting Star House, Hampton
Time: Half a day, flexible on weekdays
Start date: ASAP
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Assist the Maintenance team with aspects of maintenance on a day-to-day basis at Christopher’s and work across all sites including shops as required
- Tasks to include minor repairs, decorating, minor building or carpentry projects
- Gardening and outdoor work
- Tasks will be allocated according to the Volunteer’s skills and past experience
Essential skills and experiences
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Previous DIY experience at home or in the workplace
- Common sense
Volunteers usually work a half day shift (3 to 4 hours), flexible mornings or afternoons.
Please note all volunteer roles at our hospices require us to carry out a DBS check. This is a simple online procedure. This role will require a DBS at standard level.