Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100
The Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 is one of the greatest cycling challenges in the world – you could be part of RideLondon 2019 with Shooting Star Children’s Hospices.
With its leg-testing climbs and 100 mile route, you will get to take in the iconic sights of the capital and stunning Surrey scenery. It really is cycling’s version of the Virgin Money London Marathon.
We have a limited number of gold bonded charity places for RideLondon-Surrey 100 2019. Join the team pedalling to make every moment count for babies, children and young people with life limiting conditions.
When: Sunday 4th August 2019
Where: London & Surrey
Distance: 100 miles
Join #TeamShootingStar today and make RideLondon-Surrey 100 your moment to ride! No Registration fee, All we ask is that you pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship of £450.
For more information on how to join our team please fill out the form below, email us or call 01932 823100.
Why ride the RideLondon-Surrey 100 for Shooting Star Children’s Hospices?
Not persuaded you to pedal yet? Read about some of the families we support and how Shooting Star Children’s Hospices is helping them to make every moment count.
For further information please email us or call 01932 823100.
We understand that our fundraising request of raising a minimum of £450 for a Gold Bonded place can seem rather daunting. That said, we know that your friends, family and colleagues will appreciate the hard work that you are putting in as you train for your ride and will want to get behind you and show their support. Even if you are cycling with your own place and so do not have a set fundraising target, we are here to help you make the most of this opportunity to raise money to support our vital work.
Here are some examples of how your fundraising can help:
- £20 could pay for precious time for a child and their family in the sensory room. Equipped with a range of specialist facilities, sensory rooms serve as a place that can help relax, sooth and stimulate.
- £35 could pay for a session in the hydrotherapy pool, which for some families are the first time they’ve been able to take their child swimming.
- £50 could pay for a music therapy session, allowing children who are unable to speak and otherwise struggle to express themselves, an opportunity to communicate in new and profound ways.
- £250 could pay for a visit by a Hospice at Home nurse during an emergency, providing vital support to a child and giving parents a few precious hours to themselves.
- £1200 could pay for a short break at one of our hospices, allowing families time together, away from being carers to enjoy being a family.
When you join our team, we will send you our Fundraising Guide which includes useful information about setting-up your online sponsorship page. For any offline donations that you receive you can download a copy of our sponsorship form. Please have a look at the fundraising tips and the list of equipment available to borrow, if you are holding an event. Remember, we are always happy to help and to chat about any fundraising ideas you may have.
Now in its seventh year, Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 was launched to celebrate the legacy for cycling created by the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and is a fantastic way to fundraise, challenge yourself and have fun!
At Shooting Star Children’s Hospices, we truly appreciate the dedication that comes with training for any event – and cycling 100 miles through roads (and hills!) on a bike is no small task! So whether you are new to cycling or an experienced rider we know the importance of being well prepared ahead of such a challenge!
It is our privilege to support you every step of the way. To help with your training we offer everyone on #TeamShootingStar:
- A Shooting Star Children’s Hospices technical cycling jersey
- Advice on training
- An invite to a training day
- A fantastic fundraising pack to help you reach your fundraising target
- Assess to our bespoke online Facebook forum for supporters who are taking part in challenge events, where you can ask questions, share ideas and support your fellow team members!
You won’t be on your own on race day either, we’ll be there to scream, shout and cheer you on during your ride!
For further information or to join #TeamShootingStar, please email us or call 01932 823100.