Royal Parks Half Marathon
The Royal Parks Half Marathon offers runners magnificent views of some of the capital’s most iconic landmarks, including Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye, Marble Arch and the Royal Albert Hall, plus many more. Voted by Runner’s World readers as the “Best New Race of the Decade”.
When: Sunday 13th October 2019
Where: Starting and finishing in Hyde Park, London
Distance: 13 miles
Price: Gold Bond runners should commit to raising a minimum of £400 sponsorship, with no registration fee
For more information on how to join our team please fill out the form below, email us or call 01932 823100
At Shooting Star Children’s Hospices, we truly appreciate the dedication that comes with competing in any long distance event such as a half marathon. Whether you are a novice or an experienced long distance runner, the distance of 13 miles is not an easy challenge. It is important that you arrive at the start line feeling happy, healthy and ready to go!
It is our privilege to support you every step of the way. To help with your training we offer:
• A snazzy Shooting Star Children’s Hospices technical running vest
• Advice on fundraising and training
• The opportunity to attend regular training runs
• Join our bespoke online forum for Challenge Events supporters team
• Loud and enthusiastic cheering on the course to encourage you to the finish line!
• A well deserved post race massage
• Post race refreshments – including sweet and salty snacks and water
For more information on how to join our team please click on the ‘Register your interest’ button & fill out the form, email us or call 01932 823100
We understand that our fundraising request of raising a minimum of £400 for a Gold Bond runners place can seem rather daunting. That said, we know that your friends, family and colleagues will appreciate the hard work that you are putting in as you train for your run and will want to get behind you and show their support. Even if you are running with your own place and so do not have a set fundraising target, we are here to help you make the most of this opportunity to raise money to support our vital work.
Here are some examples of how your fundraising can help:
- £20 could pay for precious time for a child and their family in the sensory room. Equipped with a range of specialist facilities, sensory rooms serve as a place that can help relax, sooth and stimulate.
- £35 could pay for a session in the hydrotherapy pool, which for some families are the first time they’ve been able to take their child swimming.
- £50 could pay for a music therapy session, allowing children who are unable to speak and otherwise struggle to express themselves, an opportunity to communicate in new and profound ways.
- £250 could pay for a visit by a Hospice at Home nurse during an emergency, providing vital support to a child and giving parents a few precious hours to themselves.
- £1200 could pay for a short break at one of our hospices, allowing families time together, away from being carers to enjoy being a family.
When you join our team, we will send you our Fundraising Guide which includes useful information about setting-up your online sponsorship page. For any offline donations that you receive you can download a copy of our sponsorship form. Please have a look at the fundraising tips and the list of equipment available to borrow, if you are holding an event. Remember, we are always happy to help and to chat about any fundraising ideas you may have.