Job title: Shop Manager
Location: Battersea (Northcote Road)
Salary: £20,604 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Ongoing
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and creative Shop Manager to lead in the running of our Battersea shop on Northcote Road.
You will play an integrated role within the retail service at Shooting Star Children’s Hospices, supporting the growth and excellent services we provide to our customers and supporters.
The income from our shops helps to directly fund the work of our two hospices, and our Hospice at Home service. Often entering one of our shops will be the first encounter someone has with our charity. This means that as part of our retail team, you are also an ambassador for Shooting Star Children’s Hospices, someone who can talk about the work that we do, and how we help children with life-limiting conditions in the local area.
The Shop Manager will be jointly responsible for the smooth running of the shop, ensuring a pleasant working environment for the other staff and volunteers.
Shop Manager core duties:
- Planning, allocating and providing clear line management to the Assistant Managers
- Working alongside the volunteering management team in recruiting and training volunteers.
- Processing donations as soon as possible with the support of the volunteers.
- Ensuring all merchandise is displayed appropriately and the window display is creative and eye catching
- Promoting the gift aid scheme to customers.
- Following cash and banking procedures and submitting financial documentations to the finance team to process.
Having previous experience in Charity retail is essential, as is a can do attitude. If you feel you are up to the challenge and are keen to join a close knit team who work well together, we want to hear from you.
For further information about the role, please contact Ruth Shaw, Area Retail and Development Manager, on 01932 823124.
To apply online click on the apply button below or alternatively, for an application pack, please email the HR Team at email@example.com
Download the full job description