As a Volunteer Can Coordinator you will get to meet new people in your community and also have the satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to raising awareness of Shooting Star Children’s Hospices.
Location: Based from home and in your local community. The areas we are looking to cover are Chessington and Hook, Croydon, Horley and Kingston
Time: Hours as convenient.
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Place charity collection boxes in shops, pubs, etc. in your local area
- Make follow up visits to replace cans
- Count and bank donations and provide monthly income sheets to the fundraising team (banking book and sheets will be provided) OR return cans to either Shooting Star House, Christopher’s or the Fundraising office for counting and banking
- If counting and banking then a thank you card should be issued to the donor (cards are provided by the Fundraising office)
- Check collection boxes are clean and in good condition before reissuing
Essential Skills and Experience
Ideally we would like someone with:
- Access to a vehicle and full clean driving licence
- Good organisational skills and ability to maintain records
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Enthusiasm for the cause