The Volunteer Retail Driver’s Mate accompany Drivers and assists in loading and unloading the van to ensure that stock is in the right place to meet the shop our 13 shop’s requirements and thus maximise sales.
Location: The van starts and finishes at our storage unit in Lansbury Business Estate, Knaphill, Woking GU21 2EP.
Time: 4 to 8 hours per week depending on availability and requirements
You will be accompanying the Driver to help with the rotation of stock between our 13 shops and the distribution unit in the Lansbury Business Estate, Knaphill, Woking GU21 2EP and helping with loading and unloading the stock. Occasionally, you may be going to make collections from donor’s homes or business’s following instruction from the Stock and Distribution Manager. Although you will not routinely drive the van you will need to be able to drive in order that you can move the van in an emergency and to ensure flexibility.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Loading and Unloading of stock at the storage unit and our shops
- Collecting donations from local and corporate supporters
- Occasionally may be required to drive the van in an emergency or to ensure flexibility
Essential Skills and experience
- Full, clean driving licence
- Physically fit and able to move stock and heavy goods
- Good communication skills and ability to get on with people
- To be reactive and flexible within the working day would be helpful