The Volunteer Education and Youth Ambassador will assist the Education and Youth Fundraiser in supporting schools, youth groups and young people with their fundraising and awareness by providing presentations and talks.
Location: Surrey, West & South London
Time: Most of the presentations requested will take place on weekday mornings. Number of hours will vary, but you can expect to give one presentation every couple of months.
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Present or give talks as requested
- Attend Ambassador update meetings throughout the year
- Keep up to date with Shooting Star Children’s Hospices activities and developments
- Attend cheque presentations and give thank you speeches
- Raise awareness of Shooting Star Children’s Hospices and current campaigns
- Comfortable and confident addressing children of all ages
- Friendly enthusiasm
- Good Presentation skills
- Confidence to speak in public (some whole school assemblies can hold over 700 students!)
- Good Power Point skills (training can be provided)
- Commitment to the charity
- Creativity and improvisation – you never know what a child might enquire about.
- Access to your own vehicle or the ability to take public transport a short distance is desirable.
Please note this role will require us to carry out an Enhanced DBS Check, this is a simple online procedure.