The Volunteer Retail Van Drivers role is an essential part of the retail section of the charity and is key in helping to maximise sales by ensuring that the stock is in the right place to meet the shop’s requirements.
Location: The van will need to be picked up and dropped off at our storage unit in Lansbury Business Estate, Knaphill, Woking GU21 2EP.
Time: 4 to 8 hours per week depending on availability and requirements
You will be required to drive the Retail Van in order to help with the rotation of stock between our 13 shops and the distribution unit in the Lansbury Business Estate, Knaphill, Woking GU21 2EP. Occasionally, you may have to make collections from donor’s homes or business’s following instruction from the Stock and Distribution Manager.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Delivering and collecting stock and rotating between shops and the storage unit
- Collecting donations from local and corporate supporters
- Loading and unloading of stock
- Refuelling the van
- Basic checks of the van
Essential Skills and experience
- Full, clean driving licence
- Physically fit and able to move stock and heavy goods
- Good communication skills and ability to get on with people
- To be reactive and flexible within the working day would be helpful