An exciting opportunity to get involved with our charity by becoming a volunteer shop assistant in our Walton High Street shop. Volunteer shop assistants help our shop managers with the day-to-day running of the shop. No experience is necessary and training will be provided. Volunteering is a chance to have fun, boost your skills and make good friends along the way.
Location: 54 High Street, Walton, KT12 1BY.
Time: One, four hour shift a week (or more if you can spare the time). Any day Monday to Saturday, usually 9am – 1pm or 1pm – 5pm or Sundays 10am – 1pm or 1pm – 4pm
Starting date: ASAP
Skills you will learn
- Welcoming and assisting customers
- sorting, evaluating and pricing donations
- merchandising, including window displays
- running a shop till (age 16+)
- operating a clothes steamer (age 16+)
You should be
- Customer focused
- Able get on with people and work in a team
- Energetic and proactive
Reasons to volunteer
- Sixth-former or recent school-leaver: Gain experience for your CV, develop your confidence or complete volunteering hours for a DofE award.
- Parent returning to work: Boost your confidence and get back into the swing of a routine in a role that can easily fit around your childcare responsibilities.
- Retiree: Find a new activity that helps your local community, make friends and keep yourself active.