Youth Group Volunteers support the Care Team at Youth Group which is held once a month on a Friday evening for supported children aged 12-21.
Location: Christopher’s, Old Portsmouth Road, Guildford GU3 1lP
Time: Friday 5.30pm to 9.30pm Friday, 8 March, Friday, 12 April, Friday, 10 May, Friday 7 June (more dates to follow)
Duties and key responsibilities
- Help set up in preparation for the arrival of Youth Group
- Welcome the young people as they arrive
- To work with the children on individual basis or in small groups to enable them to take park in activities and social interaction.
- To provide individual support during the Youth Group session with activities either based at Christopher’s or off site.
- Assist with food preparation as necessary
- De-brief with the Care Staff after the group
Essential Skills and Experience
- Commitment to attending the group regularly for at least one year
- Outgoing and enthusiastic and an ability to interact with young people
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to assist in a wide variety of tasks
- Experience with working with children/young people – teaching/nursing/caring background desirable
- Enhanced DBS checked – all Volunteer roles at our hospices require us to carry out a DBS check at the appropriate level – this is a simple online procedure.
This volunteer role is a non-clinical role that requires enthusiasm, dedication, flexibility, lots of energy and for the volunteer to be friendly and approachable whilst maintaining boundaries and confidentiality.