A Bank Reception Volunteer role is required to assist the busy reception at the hospice Christopher’s in Guildford. (Initially this volunteer will cover Friday’s from 1pm to 5pm) The volunteer needs to have a friendly, approachable manner providing a warm welcome to everyone visiting the hospice but maintaining boundaries and confidentiality
Location: Christopher’s, Old Portsmouth Road, Artington, Guildford GU3 1LP
Time: Friday afternoon cover 1pm to 5pm until end of January and bank cover thereafter (flexibility of weekday availability required)
Duties and key responsibilities
- To greet families and visitors personally and appropriately at the reception area.
- To ensure the staff sign in and out of the fire register
- To ensure all families and visitors sign in and wait in reception until collected by member of staff
- To receive telephone calls via the computerised switchboard, maintain politeness and confidentiality at all times. Answering queries and forwarding calls as appropriate.
- To take telephone messages and pass on messages by email.
- To undertake various administrative tasks and assist with ad-hoc tasks.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Basic computer skills – previous use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A warm, friendly and approachable manner
- Telephone experience
- Dependable and punctual
- Preferred weekly availability with the possible shifts of 9am-1pm or 1pm to 5pm.
- Standard DBS check – all Volunteer roles at our hospices require us to carry out a DBS check at the appropriate level – this is a simple online procedure