The Bank Reception Volunteer, Bridge House is required to cover reception at the central office in Addlestone whilst regular volunteers are on holiday or unwell. The volunteer needs to have a friendly, approachable manner providing a warm welcome to everyone visiting the office but maintaining boundaries and confidentiality and also have flexible availability Monday to Friday mornings and afternoons.
Location: Bridge House, Addlestone
Time: Bank to cover for holidays and sickness 9am to 1pm or 1pm to 5pm Monday to Friday
Duties and key responsibilities
- To greet visitors personally and appropriately at the reception area.
- Ensure that visitors, volunteers and staff sign the fire register on arrival and departure.
- Managing the visitors book and give out security passes.
- Answering and forwarding phone calls.
- Answering enquires in person, by phone and on email.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail.
- Undertaking various administrative tasks as required.
- Please note that there is potential to have a tenant at Bridge House and the reception role also provides support for the tenant.
- You will learn lots of office skills – operating the phone system, using the franking machine and laminating documents.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Basic IT Skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Telephone experience – good spoken English and manner
- Dependable and punctual