You will promote Shooting Star Children’s Hospices in your school, or any clubs of which you are a member, with the aim of raising money and awareness.
Location: Surrey, West & South London
Time: Induction date will be the same as the Young Volunteering Scheme. Workshop dates tba. Other activities on an ad hoc basis.
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- To act as an Ambassador for Shooting Star Children’s Hospices.
- To nominate Shooting Star Children’s Hospices to receive funds or become the chosen charity at your school or clubs of which you are a member.
- To raise awareness of the charity by giving a set presentation about Shooting Star Children’s Hospices to your school or club where appropriate.
- To organise fundraising events through school/clubs for Shooting Star Children’s Hospices.
- To notify the SS Community Fundraising team of any fundraising opportunities in your local area.
- Aged 16 to 18 (in Years 12/13)
- Confident in using Microsoft Powerpoint
- As an Ambassador you will be representing Shooting Star Children’s Hospices and will be expected to act appropriately
- Reliable and Presentable
- Committed to attending relevant inductions and workshops
- Willing to learn and engage with the charity and other Young Ambassadors