Corporate Snowdon Sunrise Trek
Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa in Welsh) is the highest mountain in Wales and England. Standing tall over the village of Llanberis, Snowdon is a part of a close-knit family of jagged peaks and can offer views of Snowdonia, Anglesey, Pembrokeshire and Ireland
This overnight challenge starts at 3am* as participants gather at the foot of Snowdon ready to climb to the 1,085m summit in total darkness. Traversing the tricky terrain with just the light of a head torch climbers will arrive at the summit just as the sun rises across the dramatic backdrop of Snowdonia National Park.
The descent will see the start of a new day for the tired walkers and they will enjoy a well deserved breakfast when they return to base.
This is the perfect team building activity for a company looking to do something different and challenging but without taking up too much time. You can expect to be back in London or Surrey within 24 hours of leaving!
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: This is not a technical hike, but it is also not a stroll up a well laid path. The terrain will be rugged and rocky, but the summit is within reach of any reasonably fit and determined person.
Whilst we don’t recommend any specific training just remember that the fitter you are then the more you’ll enjoy it! Snowdon is a mountain. It’s the highest mountain in Wales. The terrain is rugged, rocky and mountainous so please arrive prepared. You’ll need the correct kit and your footwear is particularly important. If you’re not used to hiking or hill-walking then the sooner you start training the better.
You’ll be able to tell your supporters that you were:
- Trekking for approx 8 hours continuously
- Covering 13km of undulating terrain
- Ascending in total darkness on very little sleep
- Working as a team to ensure everyone makes it to the summit.
COSTS: £49pp based on a minimum of 20 participants
FUNDRAISING TARGET: £250pp – you are walking up a mountain in total darkness!
100% of your fundraising efforts will go to funding our vital work, supporting local families with a life-limited child.
Day 1: Drive or coach to Pen Y Pass Car Park, Snowdonia to arrive in the early hours of Day 2.
Day 2: It’s an early* start with a briefing from your mountain guides before you begin your trek (in total darkness) to the summit. After reaching the summit for sunrise you and your team need to summon up the energy to take the Llanberis trail down to the village of Llanberis ready for a well deserved breakfast. After which you are free to explore the local area or to travel back home again.
* Precise timings will depend on the time of year but the start is normally around 0300 hours.
BEFORE YOU GO
- Support materials (itinerary, kit list, fact file, Q&As, health notes, travel tips, responsible travel policy and guidance)
- Fundraising advice
- A Shooting Star Children’s Hospices t-shirt and neck buff
ON YOUR CHALLENGE
- Hot breakfast after the challenge
- All challenge management before, during and post event
- Fully qualified mountain guides
- Full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
BEFORE YOU GO
- Clothing and equipment listed on your Kit List
ON YOUR CHALLENGE
- Transport to Pen Y Pass – we recommend you book a coach through our travel partner Go Gutsi
- Food on the journey there and back
- Personal spending money
- Any other specific items listed as not included in your Trip Notes
To check dates and availability email firstname.lastname@example.org