Feeling sporty? Looking for a family day out? Or want a challenge? Our fundraising events calendar has something for everyone to help you have fun while raising vital funds to help make every moment count.
Take part in an event
Fundraise at your school or youth group
We want to support schools and youth groups by inspiring children and young people to develop a lifelong aspiration for helping others.
Become a corporate partner
Our corporate partners provide a vital source of income, but more than that they have fun too. Together we’ll develop a bespoke fundraising and volunteering plan to engage and inspire the whole company.
A-Z of fundraising ideas
From marathons to movie quizzes , bake sales to skydives, there are dozens of ways both big and small that you can raise money to support the work of Shooting Star Children’s Hospices.
Tips, advice and legal guidance for fundraisers
- Download a sponsorship form and start raising money straight away!
- Holding a bake sale? Download our bake sale fundraising pack full of tips and templates.
- If you’re hosting a pub or virtual quiz then download our Shooting Star Quiz questions.
- If you would like to use our logo on your posters we have an ‘In support of Shooting Star’ version you can use – email us at email@example.com to request this.
- Tell people about your event on social media before it happens and shout about it afterwards! Remember – the people most likely to donate are your friends, so social media is a great place to start publicising what you’re doing.
- Facebook is a great way to keep everyone in the loop about your fundraising. Here are some handy hints to get the most from using Facebook to promote your fundraising:
- Share your JustGiving page on Facebook to spread the word – it’s really easy to do if you download the JustGiving app for your phone. Plus we have a handy guide to help you improve your JustGiving page. Or set up a Facebook Fundraiser – Facebook’s algorithm means it’s more likely to share a fundraiser with people who know you than an external link to another fundraising platform.
- Post photos and videos of your training or any preparation you may be doing for your fundraising event – don’t forget to include your JustGiving link!
- Like our Facebook page and share your progress with us.
- If you’re on Twitter, make sure you follow Shooting Star Children’s Hospices and include @sschospices in any tweets and we will be sure to follow your progress. Use hashtags relevant to the content of your tweet, so people searching Twitter for particular words or subjects will see your tweet and learn more about your fundraising.
- Ensure that your event is organised efficiently and safely – the Health and Safety Executive has further information on event safety.
- If you’re selling food, contact the Environmental Health department at your local council office for advice and to obtain any necessary licenses.
- Ensure that your event is adequately supervised. Where children are involved, this should include providing adult supervision. You will need to carry out appropriate background checks if adults are to have unsupervised access to children.
- Consider what insurance cover you need for your event.
- Check with your local council whether you need any special licences, e.g. a public entertainment licence or a licence to sell alcohol.
- Always have two people present to count any money raised.
- There are strict laws relating to raffles. You can obtain comprehensive guidelines from your local authority ‑ we recommend these are followed in full. If you are still unclear of the guidelines, please do give us a call. Please visit the Gambling Commission website for more information.
- Shooting Star Children’s Hospices is registered with the Gambling Commission as a Society Lottery. Our Licence No’s are:
- Non Remote 004627-N-306438-013
- Ancillary 004327-N –317748-005
- All street collections need to be registered with your local authority and a licence obtained. Please contact your local council for further information.
- If you are planning a collection at a train station, supermarket or a similar place, please contact the manager of the premises to gain permission to collect.
- Under 16s (18s in London) are not permitted to collect money through public collections. They can be present at collections, but cannot hold a collection bucket or can.
- If you would like to borrow collection buckets or cans, please do get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No. Shooting Star Children’s Hospices cannot accept any responsibility for your event, nor for anyone who participates in it. You must arrange any relevant insurance yourself.