Housekeeping volunteers help staff to promote and maintain a high standard of cleanliness at our hospices to help make them a home from home for families.
Location: Shooting Star House, Hampton and Christopher’s Guildford
Time: Shooting Star House: Thursday and Saturday 9am to 11am (flexible) Christopher’s: Monday and Tuesday 9am–11am (flexible)
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and key responsibilities
- To assist with keeping the communal areas of the hospice clean and tidy
- To carry out specific duties, such as cleaning corridors, bathrooms, cloakrooms, dining room as required, using the Daily Task Sheet as a guide
- To work closely with the care team in maintaining a clean and healthy environment
Essential skills and experience
- Can do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Initiative and common sense
The volunteer would be required to do a weekly two hour shift, preferably in the morning. Housekeeping is normally done in pairs to share the load. We also need people to fill in occasionally for holidays and sickness (bank).
Please note all volunteer roles at our hospices require us to carry out a DBS Check, this is a simple online procedure. (This role requires a standard DBS Check.)