Housekeeping volunteers help staff to promote and maintain a high standard of cleanliness at our hospice Christopher’s to help make it a home from home for families.
Location: Christopher’s Guildford
Time: Monday to Sunday 9am–11am (flexible)
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and key responsibilities
- To assist with keeping the communal areas of the hospice clean and tidy
- To carry out specific duties, such as cleaning corridors, bathrooms, cloakrooms, dining room as required, using the Daily Task Sheet as a guide
- To work closely with the care team in maintaining a clean and healthy environment
Essential skills and experience
- Can do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Initiative and common sense
The volunteer would be required to do a weekly two hour shift, preferably in the morning.
Please note all volunteer roles at our active hospices require us to carry out a DBS Check, this is a simple online procedure. (This role requires a standard DBS Check.)