Our annual children’s palliative care conference is aimed at those working in healthcare who are involved with providing palliative and end of life care for children and young people. The content is suitable for doctors, nurses, care assistants and therapists.
Our 2019 Care Conference took place on the 2nd May at Whiteley Village, with the theme of Evidence Based Practice and Research in Palliative Care for Children
Dr Anna Karenina Anderson is a Consultant in Paediatric Palliative Medicine at SSC and The Royal Marsden Hospital. In her role she has developed the multi-award winning PATCH service, gained funding for a Paediatric palliative care program and has published several books and paper on various topics. She is currently vice-chair of the APPM (national organisation for doctors working in Paediatric palliative medicine) and is a contributor to the APPM Formulary.
Prof Jayne Price is a professor of children’s nursing at KU/SGUL with a particular interest in children’s palliative care. She has published widely and presented internationally. She is a trustee of Shooting Star Children’s Hospices.
Dr Bryony Beresford is Assistant Director of the recently established Martin House Research Centre and Co-director of the long-standing Social Policy Research Unit. She has been working in the field of the health and care of disabled and medically complex children, and their families, for nearly thirty years.
- Keynote: evidence based practice. Dr AK. Anderson
- What don’t we know, and does it matter? Dr Bryony Beresford
- ‘Juggling amidst complexity’ – hospice staff’s experience of providing palliative care for infants referred from a neonatal unit. Prof Jayne Price
- Interprofessional Learning in a Children’s Hospice. Suzie Gannon
- End of life care: A parent’s perspective. Catherine van’t Riet
- Service Evaluation: Signs and symptoms experienced by children in the last 7 days of life. Kimberley Burke
- Creative methods of evaluating groups/events/care. Sarah Hodkinson
- Spirituality Prof Wilf McSherry
2020 Care Conference
Details and booking information for our next conference will be announced in early 2020. If you would like to receive an email reminder when booking opens, please provide your details below. We will only use this email to contact you about the care conference.