Thinking of organising your own event and fundraising for Shooting Star Children’s Hospices? We have lots of fundraising ideas to help you raise money for our charity, and have some fun along the way. Read on for more fundraising ideas and helpful tips.
Fundraising at work
- Hold a Bake sale – the original fundraiser and still one of the best! Download our handy bake sale fundraising pack and why not create your own poster to promote the event? Feeling ambitious? Why not make it a themed bake sale based on where you work?
- Holding a fancy dress day or a dress down day are both good fundraising ideas. If you work is quite formal, a dress down day is always popular in hot weather. Alternatively if your office has a casual dress code, why not mix it up and host a formal Friday?
- Have an office picnic – instead of buying lunch get the team to bring in picnic foods and donate your lunch money.
- Organise a raffle – turning unwanted gifts into prizes is a great way to raise money for charity and have a clear out.
- If your whole company wants to get involved, why not check out the different ways your company could become a corporate partner.
Fundraising at your local pub
- A pub quiz is a great charity event idea – you can even theme part of it to be about our charity, to encourage a few more donations. Download our quiz questions to get started. Email our Community Engagement Team to get a copy of the answers.
- Get creative! Snail racing, pantomime horse race, chicken race or organise your own Tour de Town (name it after your local town).
- Always add a raffle to your event. Everyone loves a raffle and they are an easy way to boost your fundraising total by a few hundred pounds.
Fundraising at home
- Cook dinner for your friends and invite them to indulge, in return for a donation of course!
- Clear out the clutter – donate your unwanted clothes and knick-knacks to one of our shops.
- Host a coffee morning – there’s nothing better than coffee, cake and a good catch up with friends.
- Use your old stamps to raise money. Just collect stamps by cutting them out of letters (leave no more than 1cm of envelope around them when you cut them out, but don’t cut the perforations), then once you have a fair amount send them to ‘Shooting Star Children’s Hospices Stamp Appeal, 10 Chestnut Avenue, North Walsham, Norfolk, NR28 9XH’.
Fundraise while you shop (it won’t cost you a penny extra)
- If you’re an Amazon shopper, support us without spending a penny extra through Amazon Smile – simply select us as your charity on Amazon Smile.
- Go shopping – if you shop online with Give as you Live we can receive donations from each purchase you make.
- Sign up to support us on EasyFundraising.org.uk and raise donations from over 3,200 retailers as you shop online.
- Use Savoo Search as your default search engine and Savoo will donate 1p to us for every search.
- If you are looking for a personalised gift for a loved one then Givftstation is the place for you – they offer a wide selection of unique gifts which you can personalise and what’s more as one of our lovely Corporate Partners they will donate 25% of each product sold to Shooting Star Children’s Hospices – so you can give a gift to us whilst purchasing a givft! Simply use special promo code STARS at their checkout.
Fundraising at your club/organisation
- Get the community involved and organise a fun day, car wash or plant sale.
- Organise a treasure hunt, create your own map, give clues and send people on a trail for the gold!
- See who has the biggest brain – a quiz night always attracts lots of people and we’ve created some quiz questions so you don’t have to! Email our Community Engagement Team to get a copy of the answers.
- Invite one of our amazing Ambassadors to motivate and inspire your club. Our team of fully trained volunteer Ambassadors will come to your club, with a tailored presentation and help you learn more about the care and support we offer to local families email your request.
- Organise a sponsored walk, run or cycle around your local area or local park.
Do something different!
- Give it up – whether it’s chocolate, alcohol or crisps, give something up and get sponsored to do it.
- Feeling brave? Take part in one of our fantastic challenge events.
- Organise a sweepstake, whether it’s Great British Bake-Off, Strictly, The Apprentice or a sporting occasion, place your bets and raise the stakes.
- Give a Car is a not-for-profit social enterprise that can turn your old car into cash. They either sell your car at auction or scrap it with the proceeds raised going to your chosen charity.
- Use ChariTABLE to browse thousands of UK restaurants, book tables directly from your phone and support Shooting Star Children’s Hospices. At absolutely no cost to you, £1 for every diner will be donated by the restaurant to us when booking through ChariTable Bookings.
Get involved with our campaigns
- Buy a virtual gift and help make every moment count for the families we support.
- You can help us by donating your 5 pence pieces to our One Million 5p Challenge, and help us raise £50,000 to fund a full time nurse.
- Join our onegoodthing appeal – we’re not asking for money, just a good quality donation for our charity shops.
Fore more help and inspiration get in touch with our Community Engagement Team on 01932 823100.