Thinking of organising your own event and fundraising for Shooting Star Children’s Hospices?
Browse our list of bright ideas for some fundraising inspiration and handy tips.
Fundraising at work
- Bake sale – the original fundraiser and still one of the best! Download our handy bake sale fundraising pack and why not create your own poster to promote the event?
- Fancy dress or Dress down day.
- Have an office picnic – instead of buying lunch get the team to bring in picnic foods and donate your lunch money.
- Organise a raffle – get rid of those unwanted gifts and use them as prizes.
Fundraising at your local pub
- Get creative! Snail racing, pantomime horse race, chicken race or organise your own Tour de Town (name it after your local town).
- Always add a raffle to your event. Everyone loves a raffle and they can boost your fundraising total by a few hundred pounds.
Fundraising at home
- Cook dinner for your friends and invite them to indulge, in return for a donation of course!
- Clear out the clutter – donate your unwanted clothes and knick-knacks to one of our shops.
- Host a coffee morning – there’s nothing better than coffee, cake and a good catch up with friends.
- Go shopping – if you shop online with Give as you Live we can receive donations from each purchase you make.
- Save your old stamps to raise vital funds. Request up to five freepost envelopes, send your stamps in for free and we will receive £11 per kilo for all stamps received.
Fundraise while you shop (it won’t cost you a penny extra)
- Sign up to support us on EasyFundraising.org.uk and raise donations from over 3,200 retailers as you shop online.
- If you are an Amazon shopper, support us without spending a penny extra through Amazon Smile.
- Use Savoo Search as your default search engine and Savoo will donate 1p to us for every search.
Fundraising at your club/organisation
- Get the community involved and organise a fun day, car wash or plant sale.
- Organise a treasure hunt, create your own map, give clues and send people on a trail for the gold!
- See who has the biggest brain – a quiz night always attracts lots of people.
- Invite one of our amazing Ambassadors to motivate and inspire your club. Our team of fully trained volunteer Ambassadors will come to your club, with a tailored presentation and help you learn more about the care and support we offer to local families email your request.
- Organise a sponsored walk, run or cycle around your local area or local park.
Do something different!
- Give it up – whether it’s chocolate, alcohol or crisps, give something up and get sponsored to do it.
- Feeling brave? Take part in one of our fantastic challenge events.
- Organise a sweepstake, whether it’s Great British Bake-Off, Strictly, The Apprentice or a sporting occasion, place your bets and raise the stakes.
- Give a Car is a not-for-profit social enterprise that can turn your old car into cash. They either sell your car at auction or scrap it with the proceeds raised going to your chosen charity.
- Use ChariTABLE to browse thousands of UK restaurants, book tables directly from your phone and support Shooting Star Children’s Hospices. At absolutely no cost to you, £1 for every diner will be donated by the restaurant to us when booking through ChariTable Bookings.
Get involved with our campaigns
- Buy a virtual gift and help make every moment count for the families we support.
- You can help us by donating your 5 pence pieces to our One Million 5p Challenge, and help us raise £50,000 to fund a full time nurse.
- Join our onegoodthing appeal – we’re not asking for money, just a good quality donation for our charity shops.
Fore more help and inspiration get in touch with our Community Engagement Team on 01932 823100.