Housekeeping volunteers help our staff to promote and maintain a high standard of cleanliness at Shooting Star House. Shooting Star House is closed to families for now, but our Fundraising, Comms and Marketing, HR and Volunteer Development, and Finance teams have moved there (we’ve maintained the clinical areas so that we can revert to using the building as a clinical setting in the future).
Location: Shooting Star House, Hampton TW12 3RA
Time: Thursday and Friday (10 am to 12 noonflexible)
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and key responsibilities
- To assist with keeping the communal areas of the hospice and the offices clean and tidy
- To carry out specific duties, such as cleaning corridors, bathrooms, dining room and offices as required, using the Daily Task Sheet as a guide
- To work closely with the staff housekeeper in maintaining a clean and healthy environment
Essential skills and experience
- Can do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Initiative and common sense
The volunteer would be required to do a weekly two hour shift, preferably in the morning.