Subscribe to our monthly eNews to learn more about our care, upcoming events and the work of our amazing supporters
Volunteer Retail Assistants
Our network of shops is a vital part of our charity. They help generate the money we need to continue supporting children with life-limiting conditions and their families, and they are also the way many supporters, and supported families, first learn about us.
As a volunteer you’ll be helping out with the day-to-day running of the shop, usually for one four hour shift a week, supporting the shop manager and helping customers. Many of our volunteers say it’s also a great way to meet new people and make friends, as well as to develop new skills or put existing ones to good use.
Duties could include
- Processing and pricing donations
- Making customers feel welcome
- Operating the till
- Assisting with displays
- Taking photos to promote the shop on our social media
- Steaming and displaying clothes
This is the role for you if you have, or would like to develop, your skills in:
- Face-to-face customer service
- Being part of a team
- Working in varied environment where no two days are the same
- Analysing and researching items and deciding on pricing
- Creativity – coming up with window display ideas and promotions.