A Bank Reception Volunteer role is required to assist the busy reception at our hospice in Guildford, Christopher’s to cover for holidays and sickness. The volunteer needs to have good availability during weekdays, a friendly, approachable manner providing a warm welcome to everyone visiting the hospice but maintaining boundaries and confidentiality and complying with Covid safety guidelines.
Location: Christopher’s, Old Portsmouth Road, Artington, Guildford GU3 1LP
Time: Cover during sickness and holidays Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm and 1pm to 5pm
Duties and key responsibilities
You will be covering for our regular volunteer receptionists when they are on leave or unwell. Reception volunteers duties and key responsibilities are:
- To greet families and visitors personally and appropriately at the reception area.
- To ensure the staff sign in and out of the fire register
- To ensure all families and visitors sign in and wait in reception until collected by member of staff
- To receive telephone calls via the computerised switchboard, maintain politeness and confidentiality at all times. Answering queries and forwarding calls as appropriate.
- To take telephone messages and pass on messages by email.
- To undertake various administrative tasks and assist with ad-hoc tasks.
- To ensure Covid safety measures are complied with by visitors to the hospice
Essential Skills and Experience
- Basic computer skills – previous use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A warm, friendly and approachable manner
- Telephone experience
- Dependable and punctual
- Preferred weekly availability with the possible shifts of 9am-1pm or 1pm to 5pm.
- Standard DBS check – all Volunteer roles at our hospices require us to carry out a DBS check at the appropriate level – this is a simple online procedure