A Bank Reception Volunteer role is required to assist the busy reception at our hospice in Guildford, Christopher’s. The volunteer needs to have a friendly, approachable manner providing a warm welcome to everyone visiting the hospice but maintaining boundaries and confidentiality and complying with Covid safety guidelines.
Location: Christopher’s, Old Portsmouth Road, Artington, Guildford GU3 1LP
Time: Flexibility across Monday’s to Friday’s 9am to 5pm to cover at least one shift per week from 9am to 1pm or 1pm to 5pm
Duties and key responsibilities
- To greet families and visitors personally and appropriately at the reception area.
- To ensure the staff sign in and out of the fire register
- To ensure all families and visitors sign in and wait in reception until collected by member of staff
- To receive telephone calls via the computerised switchboard, maintain politeness and confidentiality at all times. Answering queries and forwarding calls as appropriate.
- To take telephone messages and pass on messages by email.
- To undertake various administrative tasks and assist with ad-hoc tasks.
- To ensure Covid safety measures are complied with by visitors to the hospice
Essential Skills and Experience
- Basic computer skills – previous use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A warm, friendly and approachable manner
- Telephone experience
- Dependable and punctual
- Preferred weekly availability with the possible shifts of 9am-1pm or 1pm to 5pm.
- Standard DBS check – all Volunteer roles at our hospices require us to carry out a DBS check at the appropriate level – this is a simple online procedure