London Winter Walk
Join over 2,000 walkers for the spectacular 2020 London Winter Walk! Starting and finishing at the famous Oval Cricket Ground, the route takes you through the heart of our capital city, following the River Thames and past many iconic landmarks. This is a great way to get into your stride at the start of the New Year.
You can take part in this walk for fun, but why not take this opportunity to raise vital funds to help Shooting Star Children’s Hospices along the way? With two distances available, its the perfect challenge for a Sunday in January and we’ll be delighted to offer you our support every step of the way.
There are two 21km options:
- ‘Eastern Walk’ – 21km loop past Tower Bridge to Southwark Park
- ‘Western Walk’ – 21km loop heading out to Putney Bridge
If you are looking for a longer challenge, join the early start and do both legs for a New Year 42km Full Marathon Walk.
- Half or full marathon routes
- Oval cricket ground base camp
- 21km east loop & 21km west loop
- Rest stops – free drinks & snacks
- 7-8am start for 42km marathon
- 8-11am start for half marathons
- Free winter walk beanie & buff
- Hot meal at base camp finish
- Half way brunch for full marathon
- Winter walk mobile phone app
- Special winter walk medal
- For charity – or self fund
- Free Winter Walk beanie hat & neck buff
- Snacks & hot drinks stop enroute
- Medal & a hot meal at the finish
Choose the right London Winter Walk fundraising level for you
Charity Sponsorship – pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
42km Challenge – £10 reg fee + £395 in fundraising; 21km Challenge – £5 reg fee + £245 in fundraising.
Mixed Funding – pay a higher contribution to the cost of your place and fundraise to a more achievable target.
42km Challenge – £50 reg fee + £199 in fundraising; 21km Challenge – £33 reg fee + £119 in fundraising.
Self-Funding – pay the full cost of the event and raise whatever you can for Shooting Star Children’s Hospices.
42km Challenge – £99; 21km Challenge – £65.
Find out more about the London Winter Walk routes, support, hospitality and how to sign up at: