Subscribe to our monthly eNews to learn more about our care, upcoming events and the work of our amazing supporters
This volunteer role is to help us care for the tropical fish and their tank at our children’s hospice Shooting Star House in Hampton. You will need to ensure the tank and water are kept clean for the health of the fish and for the children to enjoy looking at them.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Visit Shooting Star House once per week to carry out the following checks:
- Complete a 20% water change
- Clean the inside and outside of the glass
- Suck out all fish soiling from tank gravel
- Every 2 weeks or so clean out the pump and filter
- Clean any other items as required related to the tank
Essential Skills & Experience
- Some experience of caring for tropical fish would be helpful.
- Regular day of the week for approx 2 hours.
- Standard DBS check – all Volunteer roles at our hospices require us to carry out a DBS check at the appropriate level – this is a simple online procedure