Subscribe to our monthly eNews to learn more about our care, upcoming events and the work of our amazing supporters
This Volunteer role is required to assist the Housekeeping team in promoting and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness at the hospice. It is a non-clinical role that requires enthusiasm, dedication, flexibility, lots of energy, and for the Volunteer to be friendly and approachable whilst maintaining boundaries and confidentiality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist with keeping the communal areas of the hospices clean and tidy.
- To carry out specific duties, such as cleaning corridors, toilets, bathrooms, dining room as required, using the Daily Task List as a guide.
- To report any faults or disrepair to the Maintenance Team.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and common sense
- Ability to work as a team. Initiative and common sense. Preferred weekly morning two hour shift from 9-11am . Standard DBS checked – all Volunteer roles at our hospices require us to carry out a DBS check at the appropriate level – this is a simple online procedure