Subscribe to our monthly eNews to learn more about our care, upcoming events and the work of our amazing supporters
Volunteer Pool Watcher
This volunteer role is to dryside: being beside the hydrotherapy pool to allow families to swim by themselves or to allow staff to take children in the pool. The role requires enthusiasm, reliability, flexibility, lots of energy, and for the volunteer to be friendly and approachable whilst maintaining boundaries and confidentiality.
|Richard is one of our current pool volunteers. Read more about why he applied and what he enjoys about being a pool drysider.|
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Opening up pool and logging activity in log book
- Removing yellow bag of clinical waste at the end of the session and placing in sluice
- Cleaning shower trolleys with D10 after use.
- Responsible for initiating rescue in emergency and taking charge until staff arrive.
- Adherence to Pool Policy by all.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to swim
- Need to be able to cope with the heat in the pool area.
- Reasonable strength to help pull keifer (evacuation) board out in an emergency
- DBS checked – all Volunteer roles in the hospice require us to carry out a DBS check – this is a simple online procedure
- Must attend annual pool training